Oh the craziness. I just have to say I am SO glad I batch-cooked on Sunday because I definitely would have been eating fast food this week. Look at the deliciousness I’ve been having:
- Bottom right is meatloaf I made with just the meatloaf mix, chopped carrots, spices, 1 egg, and coconut flour. Store bought ketchup on top.
- Bottom left is Mango salsa (mango, red pepper, red onions, cilantro, lime juice) with chicken over spinach.
- The top picture is mostly leftovers from eating out over the weekend. “Grilled oatmeal” with strawberries and then I mixed leftovers from my breakfast “skillet” with more fresh veggies and 2 eggs.
Seriously, having all this pre-made food saved my diet this week. There is something to be said for a little bit of Meal Planning. I should really do it more often!
As for fitness, things are still a bit stagnant. Monday was totally shot due to the travel and other things. Last night, I didn’t stop working until about 8 PM, only an hour before bed time. Today is looking much the same. Ah, the life of a graduate student.
So I know I mentioned getting into a new graduate school for next year, but I don’t think I mentioned the benefits to my health and well being:
- I’ll be moving home from this school in May (but still working remotely all summer). – That means I will have more time to myself to workout, meal plan, hang out with my husband, etc. Yay!
- The new grad school is an easy 70 minute train ride from my house (verses the 2 hour drive now). That’s 70 minutes (times 2) I can use to study, work on blogs, read, whatever!
- It is only 2 days a week of classes plus a day or two extra for seminars and/or work.
So as of May, it should be a lot easier to squeeze in workouts. I just have to make it until then! Speaking of being busy, its time for me to be off to do work. Have a happy Wednesday!