I can’t believe its already time for me to think about what I want to do in 2012! I generally forget about any goals I make within a month but I like to look back and see what was important to me and see how I did. I was going to recap my exact goals that I made on Spark People last year but instead, I want to do a general recap.
Fitness & Health
- I ran several 5Ks this year: Christmas in July, Linwood FunFest, Free to Breathe, Fast and Furriest
- I ran the Capitol 10K in Austin, TX with Missy
- I ran the Broad Street Run for the second year in a row.
- I ran the Atlantic City Half Marathon and the Philly Rock and Roll Half Marathon
- Rob and I rode the ACS Bike-A-Thon in July.
- I ran at least 222 miles this year according to my Garmin.
- I rode at least 125 miles on my bike this year.
Life in General
- I took the huge step to go back to school and completed my first semester!
- We incubated and raised baby chicks.
- We grew a small garden and enjoyed the spoils.
- We moved into our new place (thanks Mom and Dad!)
- Rob and I (mostly Rob) learned how to really cook from scratch including bread and pasta.
- I started The Chicken Scoop to enter the real world of blogging!
So its been a pretty good year in general! There is one major bummer this year though. As I told you the other day, I gained some weight. From June 2010-August 2011, I managed to pretty much maintain at about 143lbs with some small fluctuations. After a long stressful first semester at school though, I am most definitely up in weight. Blah! But that is something that I just need to work on, right? Now that I am all settled with a place at school and no work, it will be much easier.
Anyway! So the next thing I need to do is work on goals for this coming year. I haven’t even thought about them really so its going to be a challenge!
How was 2011 for you? What did you do that you are proud of?
2 thoughts on “2011 Recap!”
Sounds like a good year to me ! Look out 2012, here we come!
You had a awesome year! Look at all that you accomplished! (Sure, we all have some downs, too…there wouldn’t ever be “highs” without “lows”… just look at the ocean for proof!!!!)
Keep riding the wave of 2011 and let it carry you into 2012…it’s going to be another amazing year! Happy New Year, girl!!!!