This is one of my go-to meals for morning cooking. I can’t stand slaving away over the stove but I really love omelets. I’m also terrible at making them on the stove. I almost always burn it or break it. So I’ve figured out how to make the perfect omelet in the microwave! Now there is no excuse that you don’t have time to cook in the morning: less than 5 minutes to cook and however long it takes you to eat! You could also stuff this in a wrap for an on-the-go breakfast!
Easy Microwaveable Omelet
1. Cook any meat you would like in your omelet ahead of time. I cooked this bacon in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes while I checked emails and drank coffee. Extra crispy so it wouldn’t get soggy in the microwave.
2. In a large (wide) bowl, mix together your meat, any veggies you would like, and your eggs. Don’t mix all the way or the eggs will puff up in the microwave.
3. Put the mixture in the microwave for about 1 minute and check it. If the sides of the omelet are cooked but the inside is still raw (which will happen), chop it up with a fork and remix it for even cooking. Check it every minute or so.
4. It should take about 45-60 seconds per egg to cook depending on your microwave. After it is cooked all the way but still looks moist, it is done. Mine took 2.5 minutes for 3 eggs and came out perfect!
5. Enjoy breakfast in less than 3 minutes!